This is the Kaste dress from the Named Breaking the Pattern book.
To be honest, I had trouble with this pattern. I felt the instructions could of been better, and with more accompanying illustrations. I’m pretty new to sewing, and I know that the book is designed to start from the beginning and work your way through, but I also didn’t feel like there was much in the pattern that I hadn’t done before. I just had a hard time figuring out what I was meant to do.
Also, I probably should of used this wild leaf linen for a pair of shorts, as it is also just too thin for this dress. I realized this after I wore it to work once and the vent out the back was flapping around so much and wrinkled up really quickly. Thankfully it was easy to close the vent and shorten the dress which was how I solved the light weighted linen issue. Definitely a lesson on making sure the weight of the fabric will work, especially for a structured dress.
All in all the dress came out alright and I’m glad I installed a visible bold zipper instead of an invisible one. It just felt like the print called for it. Even though it feels like a summer dress I’m looking forward to trying it out with some opaque black tights and boots this winter.